10 secrets on how to double your personal injury settlement. Tips- Phoenix personal injury lawyer

Share it with your friends Like

Thanks! Share it with your friends!


In this Google Hangout, Phoenix personal injury lawyer John Kelly provides some tips on how you can potentially double your personal injury settlement, with our without using an attorney.

If you have more questions, John has agree to answer your questions. Simply post them in the comments section below and he’ll get back to you with an answer.

The first one is that you want to try to establish liability. What that means is that the insurance companies are going to wonder who caused the accident. And you want to get that taken care of as soon as possible. So, you got to keep your evidence of photographs at the scene, talk to witnesses. If you’re able to, get the police report.

The second tip. Do not give statements to any insurance companies. What this means is that you’ll have both insurance companies, your own and the others. The one’s who hit you. There’ll be calling you and requesting a statement from you. I would advise you to hold off on giving any statements of not only your accident, how it happened, but also your injuries.

The third tip. Get diagnosed for any injuries that you have. So what this means is that if you have an injury, just don’t sit on it and assume that the insurance companies going to give you credit for that injury based on what you tell them. You need to have a professional doctor diagnose that. So you might have to make an appointment with your primary care doctor. If you’ve already been to the hospital have referrals that you need to follow up with and get those scheduled. That’s very important.

The fourth tip. Follow your doctor’s orders for your treatment. So this seems like this would be self-explanatory but it becomes difficult with people that are in injuries and car accidents. That’s because they have a lot going on. What you want to do is make sure you follow up with all of your doctor’s orders. You do the treatment that they’ve recommended.

The fifth piece of advice. Get all your full bills and records. Now remember, most of these first ones that I’m going over, you don’t need an attorney for these. There are cases where you may need an attorney to get involved. But these initial steps are all steps you could do to help you make sure that you’re on the right track, right off the bat. So, the fifth step. Get full bills and records. So after you’re done treatment or after you get out of the hospital.

The sixth point is to hire an expert to follow up with any deficiencies and outstanding issues in your case. If there’s a problem with liability you may need to get someone to review your police reports, go to the scene, do an accident reconstruction. If there’s issues that you’ve had, or preexisting injuries or preexisting conditions that the insurance company is telling you.

The seventh tip that I have. Once you have all this together, you make a demand on the insurance company. And typically you would just want to request a policy limits or an inflated amount that you believe covers all your medical records, pain and suffering and a few future costs that you have. It’s sometimes easier to just ask for the full policy limits.

The eighth tip. You want to follow that up with some kind of threat of lawsuit. Understand that these insurance companies, if they see that you’re representing yourself they think that you may not have the bite that comes along with them denying you your claims. So, you want threaten a law suit, and if you want to you can get an attorney involved at that point to write a letter for you to have that backing.

The ninth tip. Consult with an attorney regarding any timelines that you have. This may need to happen a little bit earlier because you want to know your statute of limitations. Every state is different. Some statute of limitations run after one year.

And the tenth tip to potentially doubling your claim is to work on your liens and your policy information with the insurance companies. There may be multiple policies, insurance policies that you can pursue. Or the individual individually. And you also have to worry about how the liens from the health care providers that you have. That’s something that usually if you have a lot of those, you wanna consult with a a lawyer at least. Because those can add up and you can save up a lot of money to get reductions in your bills from the liens. A lot of the medical care providers will come back and say because you got a injury settlement where we want to be reimbursed.

Kelly Law Team
1 E Washington St.
Suite 500
Phoenix, AZ 85004

Follow us on Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+KellyLawTeamPhoenix/posts

Follow us on Twitter:

Like us on Facebook:

Check out our Reviews on Yelp:

John Kelly’s AVVO Rating:


Mull L says:

Hi, I found your video very informative and you seem to genuinly care. I was in a car accident while 7 months prgnant wit my son. The Attorney that I had for 3 yrs didnt help told me to seek other counsel knowing my statue was coming up. My question is Do i have right to file a complaint against him to stop the lein? I have injuries of neck..pinched nerve n minor buldge disc issue. Also has greatly increased my Anxiety too since the accident.
There has been an offer for 20K. how do i know what my medical bills are? Once the adjuster makes an offer can he decrease it? The issue is my staute is coming up.The accident happened Nov 2014. I would appreciate any feedback!! Thanks

Love and truth says:

Do you do California cases?

Love and truth says:

I need you!!!

Beautifulsoul says:

How mant sessions of physical therapy should I go to?

Widethinker says:

My son was offered $1250.00 for multiple contusions. Left rib, left hip, neck, arm and leg. Do you think this is a fair offer? Took him 3 weeks before he could really lift much of anything.

Mabe one records says:

Long story short a drunk driver hit my wife ,son and i. I got a attorney every thing has been looking good. But since it was 3 of us involved. The law firm is charging us 40% each . instead of charging us 40% for a case . im in California someone please help…

Cecily Renee says:

Hey John, I’d love your advisement in regards to my recent insurance claim resulting from a motor vehicle concern. Please reply back to confirm you’ve received my inquiry. Thank you


A McDonald's Store Owner in Cape Town Ordered an Assault & Forced Removal
from his Store where serious back & hip injuries were inflicted.
Can we Claim for Pain & Suffering & Medical Costs ?
What time period is usually given to file a Claim ?

all things delightful says:

At fault driver only has 30K policy which is the minimum state requirements in this state. My medical bills amount to over her policy limits. Her company Allstate only wanted to settle for 19K. Attorney filed suite on them. I had coverage for underinsured and uninsured coverage on my vehicle that was totaled plus higher than state minimums than at fault driver. Am I able to file a claim against my own insurance policy? Still waiting on my trial date which has been pushed back. We are going on two years after the accident and still getting treatment for medical problems caused from the accident. Allstate from what I am hearing does not play fair.

TC4Philly says:

What if you don't have a police report how will I go about it


Also I don't get no work comp/ I apply for short-term disability but I was thinking to just go back to work because I honestly can't sit out another 60 days and I feel like I can get back to work and made more money than disability provides My car just got repoed, maybe I'm panickg idk.


Hello I know your lawyer and not a doctor but my question is I've been in therapy for two and a half months for broken wrist I feel right I can do what they do to me at home because I want to go back to work it wasn't job-related there's govt entity accident so I'm trying to get back to catching up on my bills would it be a good idea for me to cancel my last six sessions I have two weeks left?

Burning Star says:

HI i was run off by taxi car company on green light while i crossing the road!car not only hit me but also run off my foot!i have mri test cd also xray,medical report for police.Trafic court finish the case now i need to go to insurance company.I will do your advice's hope it can help me.Thanks

Byrd Mcclain says:

I have a question

Tommy Lee says:

How about if you are already going through a treatment of your back but due to the accident it becomes worse?????????????????????????????

Robert Jackson says:

Should the insurance pay for the depreciation of your car?

Ko Money says:

The 10 Tips:
1) Establish proof of the actual accident.
2) Don't give any statements to the defendant's insurance company without legal representation because what you legally say wrong can & will be held against you.
3) Get proof of actual injury by means of doctor's diagnosis.
4) Follow your doctor's orders of treatment so your medical records can reflect this.
5) Get more documentation like medical bills & records to further build your case in which those medical bills are to be reimbursed by the party at fault.
6) You may need to bring in a expert of some sort to investigate, and solidify your case if there's questions or holes of some sort surrounding your claim.
7) Make your financial demand to the opposing insurance company that's based on what you think your case, or claim is worth.
8) Send a threat of lawsuit to back up your demand.
9) Consult with an attorney to get informed about things such as statue of limitations, requirements, and etc. But in all actuality a hired attorney can & will handle most of mentioned tips. And he or she for the most part can & will advise you about many of the mentioned tips like Kelly Law Team is doing in this video.
10) Work on your liens from health care providers. They can add up, and you want to reduce them. And once again legal guidance or work from an attorney is a good ideal.

Quintero Daniel says:

I was injured at work but my works doctor misdiagnosed my injury and sent me back to work and was fired due to not signing a light duty contract based on their doctors restrictions do I have a third party case with the doctors?

Ryan Edgemon says:

Helpful . And improving your audio quality would really get more people watching you

Kevin Kinchen says:

Hello Mr Kelly I'm in the state of nc and my Lawyer told me that he is not able to request the policy limits from the insurance company is that possible.

Pj Flannery says:

Overall, I quite like this simple presentation!

*However, I wish that Mr. Kelly had spoken to his willingness or otherwise to represent slip and fall injured clients…!

For me, I suggest viewing this presentation a few times in order to compartmentalize Mr. Kelly's key points.

I personally process and relate to this type of a presentation by placing the key points into a good note taking with a clear headings strategy.

In this way I can clear up any loose ends and consult other videos in order to further expand and to tighten the process of my claim for compensation.
1. Establish liability (photos/witnesses).
2. Do NOT get tricked into providing statements of how accident occurred and/or your injuries to insurance companies.
3. Get diagnosed for any and "ALL" of your injuries AND keep ALL of your doctor appointments.
4. Follow up and adhere to your doctors prescribed treatment regimens.
5. Gel all "FULL BILLS and FULL MEDICAL RECORDS" from the various doctors.
6. Hire an expert to review deficiencies in your case — your police reports and consider preexisting condition(s). (On a personal note, one can and possibly should emphasize that preexisting condition(s) have now become much worse as a consequence of the accident??? — Mr. Kelly, with respect, what's your take on mentioning preexisting conditions?
7. Approach the insurance company request the: FULL POLICY LIMITS to place your thorough list of bills and emphasize what you have been through in order to inflate the claim.
8. Follow up with threat of lawsuit
9. Consult with an attorney to obtain the statue of limitations deadlines, and such.
10. Work on your leans from your health care providers to double your claim

I sincerely hope that this has been of service to one and all!!!

Evelyn Hinman says:

hi im reading this and really looking for a better personnel atty i feel he is doing me wrong im suing a few companies for neligent of their product but all are pointing fingers at each other and this atty is telling me im only expecting a couple thousand which is a lie these companies or well known i put my trust in them and in fact could have died i go to the hospital and since is going to therapy because the incident and scared to death to use there product im at a loss because this atty has gone thru maybe 4 secretaries and most times when i come to se him he doing his secrartary job and his he looks unorganized and i live in a small city in iowa so im wondering how to fire him and get a great experienced atty that will help me ive never had to do this so im very ignorant on how to get a better atty and someone who believes in me if any recommendations please let me know 7124544587 thank you very much please put me in the right direction .

Write a comment